bruce's blog

Join us in posting comments and/or blog entries with stories about the life of the magnificent bruce jackson -- tales from the underground, jokes he would have liked, photos, poems, videos, etc.

To post, you can sign-in and click "add post", or click "comment" under current posts. If you have trouble posting, email us your comments / photos (blackleyjackson@gmail.com) and we'll post for you.

Monday, February 23, 2009

A drawing of the white hat graffitied in the underground, fitting perhaps as I don't think I'd recognize Bruce without the hat.

So I have been baking in my kitchen today in New Zealand, talking to Jonel and thinking about Bruce. I am one of the people who was lucky to work with Bruce on the underground tour. My tour was a derivation of Chris Spot's tour whose was a derivation of Bruce's.

I remembered how he always introduced me as the red head even years after I changed my hair colour.

I remembered the twinkle in Bruce's eyes. I remember how he was always up for something new. We shared an interest in yoga and painting.

I remembered Bruce working with older people and how you trusted his advice because he was a happy man. Bruce, Jonel and Rick were my guides to being older and their love and acceptance meant and means a great deal to me.

I remembered Bruce shocking me one day when he told me he liked my red pantaloons. Sexy!!!

I remembered how proud Bruce was of his sons and how much he loved Mary. I remember the wonderful advice he gave Max and I at our wedding.

Mostly I remembered laughing with Bruce and pleasant summers in his company... and the hat. Like the gentlemen that he was, never without his hat.

Kd Scattergood

No comments:

Post a Comment