bruce's blog

Join us in posting comments and/or blog entries with stories about the life of the magnificent bruce jackson -- tales from the underground, jokes he would have liked, photos, poems, videos, etc.

To post, you can sign-in and click "add post", or click "comment" under current posts. If you have trouble posting, email us your comments / photos (blackleyjackson@gmail.com) and we'll post for you.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Bruce

A lot of Bruce's life is captured on the wall of his downstairs den. For me, the wall captures what a full life he had. It's been a while since I stared up at those pictures, so forgive me in my memory fails me or if the pictures have migrated elsewhere in the house.

The wall has pictures of Bruce in his ever-present lifeguard hat, and pictures from his days as a Beach Club lifeguard. He's pictured in his army greens, which always surprised me because it seemed so at odds with his gentle nature. The trumpet makes a number of appearances. If I'm not mistaken there is some fraternity insignia, which may have been a dental or pharmacy-related organization. (That always confused me.) I don't remember pictures of his dogs, but I suspect they are there somewhere. A bathroom downstairs always had an ode to the inventor of the toilet, and the hero of the Seattle Underground, Sir Thomas Crapper.

Pictures of Mary and Bruce capture their younger days and subsequent years together. There are of course pictures of Ben and Mike running around with classic bowl cut haircuts. Ben and Mike inherited Bruce's sense of humor, making the Jacksons the funniest family I know.

We'll all miss Bruce, but it's nice to know that he will always be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment