bruce's blog

Join us in posting comments and/or blog entries with stories about the life of the magnificent bruce jackson -- tales from the underground, jokes he would have liked, photos, poems, videos, etc.

To post, you can sign-in and click "add post", or click "comment" under current posts. If you have trouble posting, email us your comments / photos (blackleyjackson@gmail.com) and we'll post for you.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I cannot recall a time when I thought of the "Jackson Family" being separate from my own. As a child, I remember family dinners, nights of laughing and song, swapping houses for fun (I am SO apologetic to Mike and Ben- whomever had to sleep under Holly Hobby sheets while I was fighting glorious battles in Tie-Fighters and Death Stars)(note to Mary- THAT was the way to decorate a kids' bedroom!!!! Right on.) celebrating the marriage of my Dad and Mom Sharon, laughing through the tours of the Underground. Truly, I feel that Bruce and Mary brought me up and helped shape who I am today. One night in particular I am both fond and am embarrassed to remember. It was the christmas party for us tour guides- Bruce and I had collaborated to sing 'parsley sage rosemary and thyme'. We had met for practice several times before without incident, but once we got on the stage, for some reason, all the words went out the window, hum de dum, de la la la la, we looked at each other and laughed till we cried. I will always remember Bruce that way. In moments that I would normally find horrifying, humiliating, or incredibly sad, Bruce taught me to always find the humor. The good. I will hear his laugh, see that bobbing white hat, and feel his hug forever. Love you Bruce. And love to "the Jacksons."

No comments:

Post a Comment