bruce's blog

Join us in posting comments and/or blog entries with stories about the life of the magnificent bruce jackson -- tales from the underground, jokes he would have liked, photos, poems, videos, etc.

To post, you can sign-in and click "add post", or click "comment" under current posts. If you have trouble posting, email us your comments / photos (blackleyjackson@gmail.com) and we'll post for you.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

wonderful life

Bruce has been such a constant, wonderful, calming influence in my life these past 20+ years. He was always there with a hug and smile. I valued his wisdom and loved his humor. He made me laugh and I always felt so comfortable when he was around. I will miss him so much.

Some of my favorite memories are sitting down together with our calendars and figuring out trades and talking about our plans and families. I feel so grateful to Mary, Bruce, Mike and Lauren and Ben and Molly for including me in on their celebrations. Such an amazing family.

Bruce would always tease me about the short length of my tours. We had a bet one day that he could beat me in. I thought to myself this would be an easy five dollars, because there was no way Bruce would be able to deprive his group of even one story or take any less time to bond with them. When I saw him heading down the stairs ahead of me I couldn't believe it. Sitting behind the tour guide desk, his group loved him anyway and I was out 5 bucks.

I keep thinking about the movie It's a Wonderful Life and I know Bruce touched so many of our lives in such incredible ways. I just feel so blessed to have known such an amazing man.

Jo-Nell Simonian

No comments:

Post a Comment